Day 354: Whoop!





When you says, "whoop!", it not only shows people your excitement, but also that fact that you are a future, present, or past student of Texas A&M! Tonight was the Austin High School Awards Night, where all the students with excellence in all areas of the school get to walk across the auditorium stage and get rewarded for all their hard work. Being it my senior year, I definitely was congratulated with the most awards thus far in high school. All my work totaled up to me earning graduation cords for Cum Laude (top 15%), a medal for Academic excellence, and another medal for achieving scholarships. Not to mention the cords I got for SNHS and MAO, and the bib I earned for NHS. After they call your name and list your achievements, you're supposed to walk across the stage, shake all the principals' and counselors' hands, be given your awards, and walk off. After they called my name, however; I couldn't help but let everyone know how excited I was and give out a big, "whoop!" There were definitely some Aggies out in the crowd because I got some pretty loud responses - even from the staff on the stage! It felt nice to not only accept the end of my high school year on stage, but to also celebrate my upcoming years in college. Tonight I realized something crazy... next time I walk across a stage, it won't be for a high school ceremony, it will be for graduation!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment