Day 337: THIS IS HOW WE DO IT

Today is the day that seniors have been looking forward to for a while now... PROM! All the girls (including myself) got up early to get their hair, makeup, and nails done to get ready for the big day... I was so excited! From the moment I woke up, I seriously couldn't stop smiling! After leaving CK Salon, I came home to put on my dress and got ready for the first event; pictures.
My group was meeting up at the Telfair office to take pictures in the courtyard and of course on the stairs. It was a perfect place to snap some solid group pics, some best friend pics, and of course some presh couple pics :) All the girls looked beautiful in their dresses and the guys looked fresh to death in their tuxes, I don't think I've ever seen us all look so good! :) Every single mom, dad, sister, brother, cousin, aunt, uncle, and grandparents was there to be a photograpger, there really must have been pictures going on forever! After what seemed like a million pictures, our group decided that we needed to leave or else we would never make it to the next stop, dinner!

Dinner was as Buca di Beppo, a crazy fun italian restaurant not too far from prom, so we could take our time! Course after course of delicious food was brought out, the girls and I couldn't help but stuff our faces because we hadn't eaten all day! Now that pictures were over, it was
time for us to pig out so that we wouldn't pass out! Another perk to Buca di Beppo was that another group filled with our friends was there at the same time as us! We got to snap some pictures with them between courses and on bathroom breaks, we had to make sure we had pictures with everyone! The food was amazing, the decorations were hilarious, and the friends were priceless, but eventually we had to leave Buca de Beppo and head out to destination number three; Minute Maid park for PROM!

Walking into the Ball Park was like walking into a dream. There were beautiful people everywhere, and there was dancing and music and everyone was smiling! I found Kaitlyn, Anam, and Katy; some of my best girlfriends who didn't come in my group sadly. I finally got to take some pictures with them though, thank goodness! Once we got into the ballroom, I went straight to the dance floor. I don't know if there's anything that I love more than dancing, especially in a pretty dress, so I was definitely ready to bust out some moves! Whether it was rap, country, or the occasional slow song, you could always count on Mark and I getting down on the floor! About an hour after we got there, it was finally time to announce the prom king and queen! Without much surprise, it went to Richard Ekeke and Katy Lowery! I knew these guys would get it, they really are some of the best people I know, so congrats guys! We stayed for about another half hour after coronation, and then my group decided it was time to board the bus and head out to our final destination... SURFSIDE!
Although the ride was long and a little bit wet from the leaking air conditioning, getting to surfside was by far the best part of the night. Everybody quickly ran upstairs to change into comfier clothes and then it was time to get crazy! Erin and I whipped out all of the personalized koozies we made for our group and it was official - the party had begun! We turned up the music, danced on the balcony, and made sure that everyone around us knew that tonight was going to be the most fun, most crazy, most AWESOME night of our lives! We played some super fun games, even the kids next door from Kingwood Park came over to join us! It was obvious that out of all the people on the beach, our house was DEFINITELY the most fun! The high point of the night was when Matt Salazar put on the song "This is How We Do it" by Montell Jordan, a classic from when our teachers were seniors in high school! Whenever it came on, everyone would yell the words and jump along to the beat. Matt and Jake also began calling me their "sister-in-law" because tonight Mark finally asked me to be his girlfriend, something that has been bound to happen for the past year! It was a wild night to say the least, the partying didn't even end until the next day began, we were up late getting crazy all night long! It goes without saying that Prom Night was definitely one of the best nights of all of our lives!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment