Day 297: Fish Fail.


Everyone knows the Houston Rodeo is longer in town, but there's no time limit on rodeo season! Tonight at Young Life we had a semi-rodeo-themed club, with some games that got... a little too crazy. I think that when John planned them out in his head, it looked like it was going to go over pretty well. But once the game started, everything was just a fail. The point of the game was this: there were two cowgirls and two "bucking broncos". Each of us girls had to ride our Bronco while - get this - jousting. And ot just any normal kind of sword or spear jousting, FISH jousting. Each of the boys had a pair of pantyhose on their head, holding an egg in place on their forehead, while the girls tried to crack the egg by smacking the boys in the face with our fish. It was probably the most disgusting game ever, and it definitely didn't work. My "horse" (Tyler Hopson) wound up jumping around so much trying to avoid getting fish-slapped, that I accidentally slapped the other GIRL in the face with my fish... yikes. The fish smelled disgusting, the eggs wouldn't crack, and on top of it all, the fish started to bleed everywhere. I'm pretty confident when I say that I don't think Young Life will ever try to fish joust again.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment