Day 278: Ashy


When people think of the word "ashy" these days, they think of skin. Ashy legs, elbows, "does anybody have any lotion?" Ashy has an ugly connotation. When someone says, "I'm ashy," you immediately look down to stare at their legs because you know that they're going to look scaly. However, people forget that ash isn't always bad. Now I know Ash Wednesday isn't for many people besides catholics, but it truly brings out a whole different side to ash. It's beautiful and a way to honor everything we believe it. After Ash Wednesday service today, my mother and I walked around the mall for a couple hours, without washing our foreheads. We got plenty of stares and questions, but it didn't bother me a bit. Honoring Jesus' walk is what Lent is all about, and if wearing Ash on my forehead can help spread the word, than so be it. I don't need and lotion for my forehead today, I'm proud to be ashy!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment