Day 291: Killer Comet


Have you ever had to tutor a kid with A.D.D., A.D.H.D., and O.C.D.? I HAVE. Today after school I went to COMET for the first time this year, a tutoring volunteer opportunity at Sartartia Middle School. The class is after middle school gets out, and it meant to be a place for kids to have the chance catch up on work they missed if they missed school, or maybe get some extra help on some work they don't understand. What it's turned into... is not so . The majority of the kids at COMET stay after school because they're falling behind in class, refuse to do their homework, or have to retake a test or quiz they failed. The kids are rude, rowdy, and annoyingly disrespectful. The boy that I tried (I emphasize tried) to tutor today just couldn't stop talking. It started with him insulting his desk partner, after which I had to move him to his own table, and ended with him constantly quoting charlie the unicorn. This kid was just unwilling to work, and Sartartia needs to get a grip on their discipline system. I don't think I could've survived the Killer Comet without Kaitlyn and Robby!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment