Day 295: Mini-Mathletes



The entire year, Mu Alpha Theta is focused on one single event - Mini Mathletes. It's a day where a bunch of fourth and fifth graders from all elementary school in the area come to Austin High School to basically have a day camp about math. This year, I volunteer my time as a chaperone, something I've never done before. I was a little nervous not knowing what to do for the nine hours I was supposed to have the kids, because that's a long time! It turned out, Isabelle Seto and her group were with me the entire day, so we ultimately just combined our groups into a super-group, and it was so much fun! We had three girls who were as sweet as could be, and three little boys who loved to wreak havoc! The boys were pretty fun, but they sure were a handful! I swear, I couldn't turn around for a second without one of them going off on their own and causing some trouble! We all made a giant paper airplane, cracked some jokes, and talked about all the things they were interested in - including Club Penguin. At the end of the day, one of Isabelle and I's boys won a math award, he even got to go up to the stage and accept a medal! We felt like proud parents clapping in our auditorium seats! The day was long, crazy, and filled with math... but it was totally worth it! No matter how troublesome they might have been, I think the kids in my group were the best kids I could've gotten!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment